Keno offers very simple rules, and that is one of the things that make it appealing. And it doesn't take a whole lot of strategy, which means it can be played very casually. You might say that in the online gaming world, the game of keno has taken on something of a fresh, new "face."
The Top 5 Canadian Player Online Casino Sites
The online casinos featured in the listing below are the top online casinos for Canadian players. Enjoy playing in Canadian dollars as these top rated casinos, get 24/7 toll-free customer support with local numbers in Canada, get great games powered by the best casino software providers and more.
Keno At Its Basic Level
Learn about how keno is played both at land based casinos and at online casinos featured here in this section of our site.
How To Play Keno:
When a lot of people think of keno, they think of senior citizens sitting around the keno parlor in a casino and taking advantage of the very leisurely pace at which the game is played. Of course, there is some truth to that; there is usually some time between games, and folks mark off their cards and can look at a board on which all the chosen keno numbers have been posted.
When the game is played online, that same situation, more or less, can be the case. That is, you can take your time and play at whatever pace you want. However, if you are the mood for something that moves a little faster, keno can become very much to your liking, because the program itself, which includes the random number generator, can allow you to play at the pace you choose. This makes it appealing to demographic groups across the board.
The procedure should be familiar. The board will have room for numbers that go from 1 to 80. On your own card, you can mark up to fifteen numbers. Then twenty numbers are going to drawn that will be operative in the game; call them "virtual keno balls" if you will. What you're looking to do is match up numbers you selected with numbers that are selected by the program and go up on the keno board. There are varying degrees of payouts, depending on how many numbers you are able to match. There is a pay table that tells you what the payouts are. It should be within view at all times.
Here are a few tips that might help you maximize your enjoyment from the game of keno:
• Come to the understanding of how each round is played. Remember that you can play up to fifteen numbers, but can play less too. The more numbers you want to put into play, the more money you will wind up wagering.
• If you must use a "playing strategy," then consider tracking numbers that you have selected or that have been drawn. Then you can proceed based on the past results. There is some software that allows you to do this. This might make the game more fun for you, and you can play the so-called "law of averages."
• Look for games that offer certain options that can add some spice to the game; namely, an "autoplay" that allows you to bet the same amount for each game and let it go at steady pace.
• Remember that you can play as fast or slow as you want.
• Keep in mind that even though you may not be a big bettor, keno can move fast, and you need to have a structure in place to bet in proportion to your bankroll. It is always good advice to play with some proportion. You want to determine how many games you want to play and who much your betting limit on each game is going to be.